Access: Service Providers
Overview: Basics on how to log into and out of your user account
- Creating and Resetting Your Password
- Logging Out
- Browser History and Clearing Cache
Creating and Resetting Your Password:
If you’re logging in for the first time, or If you’ve forgotten your login password, click Forgot your Password? below the login button. Once you have clicked this link, a new page will appear where you will enter your email address and select Request Password Reset. A link will be sent to your email account allowing you to create a password for your account.
- There is a 1 hour time limit on your link before it expires and you’ll need to repeat the process again.
- If you don’t see the email in your inbox, check your SPAM folder
Also, for security, your password must have the following:
- At least 8 characters in length
- Not be based on a dictionary word
- Has not appeared in public lists of compromised passwords (Click here to check yours)
When you’re logged into your account, you’ll see your user name at the upper right hand side of your screen. To the right of your user name is a small arrow that’s pointing down. Click the arrow and select Logout on the menu. You will also automatically be logged out when you close your browser window. When you’ve logged out successfully, you’ll be taken back to the SwiftComply login screen.
Browser History & Clearing Cache
Why do we care about browser history?
Ever start typing an address in your web browser address bar and like magic, you get the site you wanted magically loaded into the address bar? That is your browser history hard at work.
Simply put, if you want to have to reenter the web address of sites even the ones you frequent, then delete the browser history each time you close your web browser.
Clearing the Cache
Most browsers work pretty much the same in these areas and use the somewhat same method to clear, although all have a slightly different way of accessing the settings area.
Here I will go through some of the main browsers used today.
How to Clear Cache in Google Chrome:
On the right side of the browser window, click on the 3 dots
• Select Settings
In the Settings panel on the right side, click Security and Privacy
Here you will find the options to clear your cache along with other security settings.
How to Clear Cache in Firefox
- From the History menu, select Clear Recent History. If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
There are 2 areas you can access the History settings area
- The Menu bar
- The Application Menu Pop up
Note: Either method will get you to the Clear History option
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Next, select which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
4. Click OK
5. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
How to Clear Cache in Microsoft Edge
- In the top right, click the Hub icon (looks like three dots).
- Click the History icon, and then select Clear all history.
3. From the History’ menu window, you will see another series of 3 dots. Click Here
4. Then Clear Browser data
5. Select the time frame and the items you wish cleared
6. Click Clear now.
How to Clear Cache in Safari
- Choose History from the menu bar
- Clear History
- Click the pop-up menu > Then choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared